Thursday, January 12, 2012

Encouraging Words

When I first started this journey (exaclty 6 months ago today) I did not tell anyone other than Cliff and my mom. I was afraid of failure and I was afraid that maybe this diet wouldn't work as well as they said it would. It wasn't until I hit the 30-pound mark that I let it be know that I was dieting and attempting to lose weight.


Once people found out, the response has been far more encouraging than I could have ever imagined. And those words of encouragement are one of the most important tools in my toolbox.


Now I do have to say, however, that first and foremost you have to find it within yourself. At the end of the day, I'm the one who make conscious decisions about what I eat and whether or not to exercise or how much to exercise.

But, the words from others help propel me to make good decisions.


So as I celebrate my 6 month anniversary with a 76 pound weight loss,

I want to say thank you to everyone who has passed a kind word my way. It means far, far more than any of you will ever know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment