Monday, March 19, 2012

Dealing With The Dreaded Plateau

I've been afraid of it. I knew it would happen - it was just a matter of time.

The dreaded PLATEAU!!


I reached the 80 pound mark and have seem to have been stuck there for a couple weeks. I haven't been sure what to do. Maybe a change in exercise or diet.


Finally, I did some research and found I've have the answer the whole time.

Upon reading several articles on the internet, they all pretty much said the same thing.....Alternate day fasting. And in the diet I have been following, its cycle 2. The problem? I got away from it.


I have several tools I have to use DAILY or I seem to so easily slip into behaviors that stunt my weight loss.

1 - Prayer. Yep, I pray about this - daily

2 - Exercise. I've got to do it 5-6 days per week at least and hour a day. Over the last several weeks I have bumped out the cardio.

3 - Food Journal. It takes minutes and forces me to be honest and accountable.

4 - A plan. I need it. There is no confusion here. I usually plan my food out each day and it helps so much to know what to shop for.


I've been at this for 8 months now and I've broken the 80 pound barrier (I'm at 81!)

I've got a ways to go and I figure regrouping from time to time is part of it.

The scale is moving again and I'm hopefully on my way to the 100 pound mark!

No comments:

Post a Comment