Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Snacking Well

During this past year of learning to eat healthy I have given up the following:
BREAD
BUTTER
SUGAR - (yes, this does include chocolate)
FAST FOOD - This was a big one....I was totally addicted!
JUNK FOOD
FATS

I have not given up the following:
An occasional ROUTE 44 DIET COKE during HAPPY HOUR
SNACKS - I have found a treasure trove of healthier alternatives
FLAVORFUL HEALTHY FOODS
EATING OUT

One of my greatest finds lately has been the DAIRY QUEEN SUGAR-FREE FUDGE BAR
This baby is sugar and fat-free with only 50 calories!!!!!!  Its so delicious you'd never know it was a healthy snack choice.

Using sugar-free pudding, skim milk, and lowfat vanilla wafers, I have come up with a low-cal bananna pudding just in time for summer.  YUM!!  I portion it out in the cups my non-fat yogurt comes in. They come out to about 140 calories and using the little cups you can't sneak a little extra!

RICE CAKES.....specifically the VANILLA CREME BRULEE ones are DIVINE!  Only 130 calories for 13 of those little gems of crispy sweetness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment